Remember when I asked you to let your baby eat bugs? Well, we need them, too! But oh, it’s not so bad when you’re heaping three-alarm fireballs over Chipotle-style burrito bowls or 8 layer dip, I promise!
There are other benefits, too! Aside from being probiotic rich, cultured peppers contain a rich antioxidant and anti-inflammatory called capsaicin, which is also known to prevent ulcers (who would have thought!), ease migraine and sinus headaches, lower blood pressure and cause cancer cells to commit suicide.¹
Just three simple steps and you’re done. Enjoy!
- 1 3/4 cup chopped jalapenos (Note: for a delicious version with less heat remove some of the seeds after chopping)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 1/2 teaspoons unrefined sea salt
- filtered water
- Place jalapenos, garlic and salt in a 16 oz mason jar.
- Fill with filtered water, leaving one inch of space at the top
- Cover tightly with lid, shake until ingredients are mixed, then leave on the counter for 5-7 days
» Recipes » A Peck of Pickled Peppers