Remember how I told you I wanted to be a smutty novelist? Well, dreams really do come true!
As it turns out my original subject matter was a **little** off, but the dream of writing a book is alive and well. Oh sure, there was that little gap between when I was eight and when I turned – ahem – where was I? Not discussing my old age with all of you, I’m sure! Let’s see . . .
Oh yes, there was that **brief** twenty-year interlude before Daddypotamus started Mommypotamus.com against my will, set up Twitter accounts without my knowledge, and then harassed me until I wrote. And now, there’s a book.
About Babies. And REAL FOOD.
Did you know that real food can help kids avoid braces? It can also prevent - or even heal – cavities, clear up eczema, help your kids focus in school and improve their moods. Did you know that how we nourish our daughters in the early years of their life may determine whether their hips are wide enough for an easy, complication-free labor?
Yep, food is that powerful. And we as parents wield that power for our children. I don’t know about you, but in a world where McDonald’s scrambled eggs contain 20+ ingredients - instead of just, you know, EGGS -I can’t say I put much trust in the industrial food complex to help us with our mission. If ever a generation needed real, nourishing food, it is the one we are raising. I wrote this book to help parent sort through what that looks like in real life.
Oh right! It’s called Nourished Baby, and it covers everything from how the actual birth experience affects food cravings to tips for cultivating your toddler/preschooler/older child into an adventurous eater.
There’s a whole lotta stuff not published here, too, like photos of my breastmilk under a microscope, the secret I use to get my boy to take his cod liver oil, and of course lots of baby-friendly recipes that your whole family will enjoy! I loved writing it for you and I hope you will love reading it.
And Now, The Giveaway!!!
To thank you for sticking it out with me this summer while I posted less often in order to finish this project, I’m giving away an Amazon Kindle preloaded with a copy of Nourished Baby. If you’re not sure why you’d want a Kindle, here are some reasons:
- You can tour Oregon in the fall without recharging once. The battery lasts up to a month!
- Download books in 60 seconds with built-in Wifi
- Like free? There are literally thousands of free Kindle books now available through public libraries and
- Free Cloud Backup. Amazon automatically backs up your library in the cloud, so you never need to worry about losing your books. Re-download wirelessly anytime for free.
- Buy Once, Read Everywhere. Kindle books can be read on your Kindle, iPhone, iPad, Android devices, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, Mac, PC, or web browser with their free Kindle Reading Apps. Oh, and their Whispersync technology synchronizes your last page read so you can always pick up where you left off.
How To Enter To Win
This giveaway is now closed. Check back soon, though. There are more prizes every month!
It’s simple! To be eligible to win just sign up for my newsletter. Just enter your email in the box below — then leave a comment below letting me know. If you are already a newsletter subscriber, leave a comment comment saying “already a newsletter subscriber.”
Note: If you are signed up to receive notifications when a new blog post is published you will still need to sign up for the monthly newsletter to be entered!
You’re free to unsubscribe at any time. Just know that you must be subscribed in order to be eligible to win the monthly prizes. (Please note: If your email is not validated, your entry will not be counted.)
Want Extra Entries?
Okay, here you go! In order for each entry to be counted they must be left as separate comments.
- Share your best piece of advice about feeding babies. Or share your most perplexing baby food question! (1 extra entry)
- Post this link on Facebook. Grab this link: http://www.mommypotamus.com/amazon-kindle-giveaway/ Attach it as a link to a status update on Facebook Then leave a message on this page that says, “I Facebooked it.”)
- Like Mommypotamus on Facebook so you can keep up with future drawings and other great stuff going on here and leave a comment below. And if you already “liked” it, let me know cause that counts, too! (1 extra entry)
- Email 5 friends about the giveaway, with a link to the page. Leave a comment below telling me that you did. (1 extra entry)
This contest will end in a few weeks when I announce that Nourished Baby is officially for sale. The winner will be chosen via random.org. Because the exact date of the winner announcement is yet to be determine, the winner will have 2 weeks instead of 2 days to contact me with his or her full name, address, and phone number. No purchase necessary to win.
This contest is open to readers anywhere in the world. If you are residing outside of the US, you will win a $50 Amazon gift certificate.
REMEMBER: You must comment for each entry. Good luck, everybody!