You’re quite a prankster, eh? First you send me three years of dreams in which I have to go back to high school EVEN THOUGH I have graduated college. Yes, it was quite a clever way to point out I’d missed an important lesson somewhere along life’s way. And following up with a graduation dream finale? Brilliant.
But this? Now I’m a waitress at the Pappadeaux I worked at in college?!?!? Not exactly the career path I had envisioned for my nighttime alter ego. I mean, can’t I fly or breathe underwater or something???
How is the ability to make succulent, flakey fillets of blackened salmon topped with zesty pineapple salsa a SUPERPOWER? Seriously, if I spend the next three years craving spicy cilantro-lime shrimp, creamy seafood bisque and copycat Whole Foods salmon dip I hold you responsible. Consider yourself warned.
Blackened Salmon With Pineapple Mango Salsa
Ingredients for Blackened Salmon:
- 3-4 wild salmon fillets, 1/2 pound each
- 2 ¼ teaspoons paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt to taste (add after baking) – where to buy sea salt
How to Bake Salmon Fillets
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease a baking pan with coconut oil
- Rub seasoning on salmon and place seasoned side down
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Pineapple – Mango Salsa Ingredients:
- 1 cup ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 ½ cups small fresh pineapple, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- ½ -1 jalapeño, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
Pineapple – Mango Salsa Instructions:
Mix ingredients in a bowl and serve. This seasoning and salsa also goes great with chicken!
» Recipes » Blackened Salmon With Pineapple Mango Salsa