Daddypotamus: “This cannot be healthy.”
Katiepotamus: “It is helfee, Daddy!”
Daddypotamus: “It tastes too good.”
Munch, munch, munch.
Now, I take exception to the idea that junk food tastes better than real, nutrient dense food. But the fact of the matter is that my husband’s palate was trained on McDonald’s and he may never fully recover from that. That’s why I considered it a near-miracle when both he and Katie devoured a raw broccoli dish delivered by Whittney of You, Me & Two Sweet Beebs right after Micah was born. It’s too good to keep a secret, so whip up a batch and enjoy!
Whittney’s Broccoli Grape Slaw
- 3 stalks of broccoli, broken into small florets
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup crisp nitrate-free bacon, crumbled into pieced — pastured if possible
- 1 cup mayonnaise – We love our homemade recipe. The trick to getting it thick is to pour the oil in super slow.
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, raw if possible. If you’re on GAPS substitute cheddar, it’s delicious!
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (where to buy raw honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Mix mayonnaise, mozzarella, honey and vinegar in a medium bowl
- Place broccoli, grapes and onion in a large bowl.
- Pour in dressing and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle bacon and sunflower seeds over the top and serve.
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with Mommypotamus' ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. Heather Dessinger is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
» Recipes » Broccoli Grape Slaw – Veggies Your...