Cookie Mon-sant-er, Bidet’s With Katie . . .
And the most hilarious goat birth ever. Welcome to this edition of “Things I Love” – a post in which I shamelessly foist photos of my adorable kids on you and share links to posts I wish I’d written. Let’s jump right in, shall we?
Here Are The Things That Made My February . . .
- “Cookie mon-sant-er” for cookie monster, testicles for tentacles, and the other awesome things your kids say
- The courage of Alex Jamieson, a vegan featured on Oprah, CNN, Supersize me and more to write this post. So full of compassion, raw honesty, and guts.
- This recipe for shakshukah, also known as edible Mediterranean sunshine
- Looking for a farm with Daddypotamus. This basically marks the defining moment in which I turn out to be the exact opposite of the person I planned to be
- This conversation
- Random cries of “cocka doo DOO” echoing through the house
- The most HILARIOUS goat birth EVER
- Typing with ten fingers for the first time since the great immersion blender mishap
Recipes I Can’t Wait To Try
- These rich, perfectly browned crabcakes. I love how he says “makes 24″ and then puts the serving size at 3. Like that’s gonna happen.
- Sole meunière, because who can resist the crispy crust and tender, melt-in-your-mouth center of sole seasoned with fresh parsley and lemon?
- These flourless brownies. Since they’re made with 100& cocoa powder they have quite a bit of caffeine. I’m having one for breakfast tomorrow instead of my morning cup of coffee.
Articles That Made Me Go “YES!”
- Hybrid Seeds vs. GMO’s: Why there’s a huge difference, plus how to keep Monsanto out of your garden
- This one actually made me want to shout something much less print worthy than “YES!,” but it’s worth the read: What Doctors Won’t Tell You About The HPV Vaccine
- Real Food: Simplified
And A Few Other Things . . .
- The hilarious charm of this adoptive mom and her 13 year-old son’s “newborn shoot”
- Collecting wild oyster mushrooms with Katie, and growing some of our own!
- This homemade dish soap. I’ve been on the fence about Borax for awhile, but it looks mighty good now considering what I recently learned about most Vitamin C being genetically modified.
- The way Micah insists I kiss his boo-boos, then makes sure I’m watching as he rubs them off
- And of course, these moments ♥
What Made You Smile In February?
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with Mommypotamus' ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. Heather Dessinger is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.