Need a quick and easy hors d’oeurve . . .
For your grownup party AND something your toddler will gobble up like a turkey prepping for Thanksgiving? Look no further. These elegant little appetizers are a real crowd pleaser . . . at least they would be if Katie and I would stop eating them all before the crowd arrives.
Special thanks to Daddypotamus for bringing home the wrong figs that resulted in this happy accident . . . er, recipe.
Fresh Figs With Goat Cheese, Pistachios And Honey
- Pint of fresh figs
- 4-6 oz goat cheese or homemade cream cheese
- 1/3 cup pistachios (where to buy pistachios)
- Raw honey-less than 1/4 cup (where to buy honey)
1. Slice figs about 1/8 inch thick
2. Using your hands, press a small amount of chevre onto each fig
3. Press pistchios into chevre
4. Drizzle canapes with honey