It was a bet I was willing to take for the prospect of fruit roll-ups, freshly dried garden herbs, and salty sweet almonds. My garage sale purchase was nothing fancy, but it saved me a lot of money, and what’s not to love about THAT??
I wore out the motor on that little dehydrator in less than a year, so I started shopping for a better one. This month I’m giving away the one I chose for myself, only better!
The Excalibur Stainless Steel 5-Tray is incredibly durable – it comes with a 10 year warranty – and it has a few features that I absolutely love:
- The 26 hour timer allows you to leave the house while your dehydrator finishes up a batch of goodies – no need to rush home to turn it off. (Also, even if you’re home it’s just one less thing to have to keep track of during the day)
- Unlike my older version which has plastic trays that I line with parchment paper, this one comes with stainless steel trays
- More inexpensive models often only have one temperature setting, but this one has an adjustable thermostat that ranges from 95F to 155F
Wondering how I save money with my Excalibur? Here are a few ideas:
How To Save Money With A Dehydrator
One of the best ways to maximize great deals on produce is to stock up and preserve them for later. Summer tomatoes are dried for a zesty addition to italian dishes later and fruits such as apples can be dried with cinnamon for a kid-friendly treat. You can also dry herbs you grow for use in the winter, make beef jerky, yogurt, dry coconut flour, and make your own soaked and dehydrated nuts/beans/grains.
- How to make cultured apricot fruit leather
- How to soak and dehydrate nuts for optimal nutrition
- How To Dehydrate Fruit: Apples, Bananas, Strawberries, Cherries . . .
- How to make beef jerky in a dehydrator
- How to make yogurt in a dehydrator
- How to make pumpkin spice granola
- How to make zesty oven dried tomatoes
- How to make garlic and onion powder (for half of what you’d pay at the store)
- How to dry herbs like basil, sage, thyme, dill oregano, rosemary, marjoram, lemon balm and mint
- How to make raw vanilla coconut macaroons
- How to make raw lemon coconut macaroons
How To Enter
1. Click on this link:
(It will take you to Amazon.com to read about the product. Just come back here and carry on with steps 2 & 3.)
2. Click here to sign up for my newsletter. I have uhMAZing giveaways planned for the next few months, but to be eligible to win you must be subscribed at the time the winner is drawn. You can unsubscribe at any time. (P.S. I never sell or give your address to anyone – the only person you’ll hear from is me!)
3. Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter the giveaway. This giveaway is open to everyone, but the dehydrator will be shipped to continental U.S. residents only. Winners who are residents outside of the U.S. will receive a gift card for the lowest listed price for the prize on Amazon.STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with Mommypotamus' ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers.
» Favorite Things/Giveaways » Giveaway: Stainless Steel Excalibur Dehydrator ($400...