This peasant-style gravy is easy to make and soooo rich in flavor! And not that you needed another reason to love gravy, but it’s packed with minerals and collagen (which reduces cellulite and wrinkles – hey! hey!).
Note: Though not as heavy as traditional gravy, this recipe will thicken a bit as it cools to room temperature.
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter, ghee, bacon fat or coconut oil
- 1½ cups leftover pan drippings from your turkey
- 1½ cups chicken or turkey stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin
- Add drippings, broth, salt and pepper to a medium-sized sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often. Just before serving, add 1 teaspoon gelatin to cold water and let sit for one minute. Add to gravy and mix until dissolved. Continue process using ½ tsp increments until gravy reaches desired thickness (it will thicken more as it cools to room temp). Stir in butter/ghee/bacon drippings/coconut oil and allow to cool a little before serving.