Today is my birthday. Since most of you will feel obligated to be nice to me, I’d like to use this period of amnesty to make some confessions:
Ten Birthday Confessions:
- I recently tried to return $200 to my insurance company. It annoyed them.
- My longest running fear is being forced to lick a public toilet. No one has ever tried, and how I developed the fear is a loooong story.
- Daddypotamus set up this blog without telling me. I told him he just wasted $10 registering this domain because I would never use it. Ahem, sorry babe.
- I once did gymnastics in a bar. That is all you need to know.
- I occasionally use words that my English Major husband doesn’t know.
- I live for my daughter’s smile. But when she grins at strangers my heart breaks a little. Although we have made a lot of progress there is still visible damage to her teeth. I feel completely responsible. UPDATE: Her teeth are completely remineralized. Yay!
- In my house towels have to be folded a specific way and then placed in the cabinet with the seams facing the back. All the stripes have to line up exactly. If someone else “helps” me and it’s not “right” I WILL redo it. I have no idea why I am OCD about this, but I’ve promised myself that I will never “fix” it if Katie decides to “help.”
- Daddypotamus and I accidentally selected the same birthday cake photo to write our birthday posts.
- I was once attacked by a rabid duck. He was just about to take me down when my future husband assaulted him with a giant textbook.
- I sometimes dream about a real life event and/or situation only to find out that it really happened. In the two cases I am thinking of I was intentionally kept in the dark about the events.
You thought I was weird already? Oh well!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with Mommypotamus' ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. Heather Dessinger is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.