Cherries Are The Sort . . .
Who plop on a red wig and start singing “The Sun Will Come Out TOMORROW!” while you Google blueprints for a time machine. Not that you can blame them – sun dappled light and cherry blossom infused breezes do tend to cloud one’s inner “realist.” And those antioxidants, potassium, Vitamin C and B-complex vitamins they’re chock full of? Well, they’d make anyone chipper.
And that, of course, is why I highly recommend that you EAT THEM. It will do you so much more good than one more round of Annie reprisals, and if you happen to work in some equally vivacious almonds and a smidge of cinnamon all the better. In fact, I may just have a recipe around here than might suit you . . . .
Homemade Cherry Pie Energy Bars
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened dried tart cherries (buy them here or make your own with these instructions)
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1 cup crispy almonds, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place dates and cherries in a food processor and process into a paste.
- Add almonds and spices, then pulse until almonds are well ground
- Remove paste from food processor and use your hands to form into bars.
- Wrap tightly in wax paper and place in a sealed container. Can be kept at room temp for several days or in the fridge for several weeks.