Confession: I like that gelatinous glop that comes in a can. I do! But alas, it’s not on the menu this year thanks to GAPS. Guess I’ll just have to console myself with this sweet and tart rendition of a holiday classic. Enjoy!
- 3 cups (12 oz) fresh cranberries
- 4 cups oranges slices (Note: last year I tried this with apples, pears and oranges. The orange sweetened sauce won hands down with the family taste test)
- 1 cup honey (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons grass-fed gelatin (Great Lakes is a good brand. Order it here.)
- 1/2 cup cold filtered water
- Blend cranberries and fruit in a food processor until mixture is very smooth.
- Place in a pot, add honey and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and continue to stir for 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat.
- Add gelatin to water and let sit one minute, then add it to the cranberry mixture and stir until dissolved. Check for sweetness and add more honey if needed.
- Place in refrigerator until well chilled