Do you love the “foamy factor” of toothpaste . . .
But not the chemicals used to achieve it? This recipe is for you!
And because I know you’re going to ask, let’s talk about the honey in this recipe. Researchers recently compared manuka honey with a chlorahexadine mouth wash and xylitol chewing gum. The study found that the honey worked just as well as the chlorahexadine – and even better than the xylitol – at reducing plaque. (source) Another study found manuka honey mouthwash “has antibacterial action against tested oral microorganisms.” (source) Who knew?
Oh, an make sure to rinse your mouth thoroughly after brushing. It’s soap, so the aftertaste will remind you a lot of . . . soap. (And if that doesn’t sound good to you, try tooth powder. My kids think it so delicious they sometimes refuse to spit after brushing. It’s all food grade, so I’m okay with that.)
Homemade Tooth Suds Recipe
- 6 tablespoons castile soap
- 3 droppers full stevia extract
- 15-20 drops peppermint or spearmint essential oil
- Add everything to a 4 ounce dropper bottle and shake thoroughly to mix. Apply a few drops to your toothbrush and brush as normal.
Looking For More Recipes?
My ebook, DIY Organic Beauty Recipes, is a 198 page guide that will show you how ridiculously easy it is to make your own beauty products, like:
- Quick yet luxurious gifts friends and baby showers
- Fabulous shampoos and conditioners
- Tooth whitener
- Body sprays
- Deodorants and more.