Savoury Sage & Sweet Apples . . .
Make this holiday stuffing a delicious, grain-free alternative to traditional bread-based dishes. We love it with with roasted pastured turkey, creamy grain-free gravy, broccoli and grape slaw, pecan bars, fauxtatoes and pumpkin pie. Enjoy!
Grain-Free Stuffing Recipe
Note: This serves a small family of 2-3. Double or triple the recipe as needed.
- 3 ½ cups onion, diced
- 2 ½ cups celery, diced
- 1 cup apple, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup dates, chopped into small pieces (raisins or dried cranberries would also be good)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 3 eggs, whisked
- Grease a medium-sized baking dish
- Add 2 tablespoons butter/ghee/coconut oil to a saucepan and warm over low/med heat.
- Add onion, celery, apple and herbs and saute over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, add almond flour and dates and mix. (Note: If you have a cast iron or Xtrema pan that can go from stovetop to oven, you can just mix everything in the pan.)
- Add the lightly beaten eggs to the bowl and mix well.
- Add mixture to baking dish and bake at 350F for 45 minutes – 1 hour
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with Mommypotamus' ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. Heather Dessinger is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
» Recipes » Grain-Free Homestyle Stuffing