↑↑↑This Is Not My Photo↑↑↑
I**may** have gone a little overboard in my kitchen this weekend and things got a little cramped. Too many casserole dishes + minimal counter space = fewer dishes to worry about.
Humpty PoDumpty did not want to be put back together again . . . not even for a quick close up before heading to the trash. Oh well.
Enough about the photos, I’ll bet you want to know how these honey glazed “potatoes” taste. The answer is EXACTLY like the real thing: warm, sweet and syrupy with a layer of fluffy meltiness over the top. Enjoy!
- 1 batch Jenni’s GAPS-friendly homemade marshmallows
- 12 cups (3-4 lbs) butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange squash in 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish.
- Combine honey, butter, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and ginger in heavy small saucepan over low/medium heat and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour over squash and toss to coat. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake squash 50 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until squash is tender (about 20 minutes). Baste occasionally with the syrup from the bottom of the pan. Increase oven temperature to 450°F. Top squash with marshmallows and return to oven; bake until marshmallows begin to melt (about 1-2 minutes).
» Recipes » Honey Glazed “Sweet Potatoes” with Homemade...