Welcome To The Conch Republic
Draw in the salty breeze here at the end of U.S. Highway 1, and now let it go. The breath. The tension in your neck. Everything. Dig your toes in the sand and feel the distance: 126 miles away from the nearest Wal-Mart . . . a million miles from errands, lists and unanswered emails. It’s just you . . .
The perfect sneak attack profile photo for your moms facebook account
An unconventional road crossing or two . . .
And the pie.
Wait, I Didn’t Tell You About The Pie?
Forget all that stuff I said before. THIS is the best The Conch Republic has to offer. Sweet, tangy lime goodness straight from Key West with no refined ingredients and a five minute prep time. Guaranteed sweet getaway . . . no travel required.
Key Lime Pie Popsicle Recipe
- ¾ cup lime juice
- raw honey or maple syrup to taste -about 1/3 to ½ cup (where to buy raw honey)
- ¼ cup coconut milk (how to make your own coconut milk, where to buy coconut milk)
- 1 cup avocado
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon unrefined sea salt (where to buy mineral rich salt)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (where to buy high quality coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon grass fed gelatin (optional, where to buy grass fed gelatin)
- 2-4 tablespoons bone marrow* (optional)
- Place gelatin in a small bowl
- Heat coconut milk so that it is very hot to the touch, then add it to the gelatin and whisk until completely dissolved. Mash any lumps that form.
- Pour coconut oil/gelatin mixture into a blender and add remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth and pour into molds and freeze for 4-6 hours
* To prepare bone marrow, simply bring 1 pound of marrow bones to boil in a pot of water and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove bones from water and extract the marrow with a butter knife (it should slide right out). Add the leftover bones to a batch of stock if desired.
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with Mommypotamus' ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. Heather Dessinger is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
» Recipes » Key Lime Pie Popsicles (GAPS, Paleo...