Welcome To The Conch Republic
Draw in the salty breeze here at the end of U.S. Highway 1, and now let it go. The breath. The tension in your neck. Everything. Dig your toes in the sand and feel the distance: 126 miles away from the nearest Wal-Mart . . . a million miles from errands, lists and unanswered emails. It’s just you . . .
The perfect sneak attack profile photo for your moms facebook account
An unconventional road crossing or two . . .
And the pie.
Wait, I Didn’t Tell You About The Pie?
Forget all that stuff I said before. THIS is the best The Conch Republic has to offer. Sweet, tangy lime goodness straight from Key West with no refined ingredients and a five minute prep time. Guaranteed sweet getaway . . . no travel required.
Key Lime Pie Popsicle Recipe
This recipe is adapted from one I found in Internal Bliss, with added gelatin and marrow for a nutrient-dense boost. If you’re on GAPS – or even if you aren’t! – this is a great cookbook.
- ¾ cup lime juice
- raw honey or maple syrup to taste -about 1/3 to ½ cup (where to buy really raw honey)
- ¼ cup coconut milk (how to make your own coconut milk, where to buy coconut milk)
- 1 cup avocado
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon unrefined sea salt (where to buy mineral rich salt)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (where to buy high quality coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon grassfed gelatin (optional, where to buy grassfed gelatin)
- 2-4 tablespoons bone marrow* (optional)
- Place gelatin in a small bowl
- Heat coconut milk so that it is very hot to the touch, then add it to the gelatin and whisk until completely dissolved. Mash any lumps that form.
- Pour coconut oil/gelatin mixture into a blender and add remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth and pour into molds and freeze for 4-6 hours
* To prepare bone marrow, simply bring 1 pound of marrow bones to boil in a pot of water and let simmer for 10 minutes. Remove bones from water and extract the marrow with a butter knife (it should slide right out). Add the leftover bones to a batch of stock if desired.
» Recipes » Key Lime Pie Popsicles (GAPS, Paleo...