This in an UNrecipe of sorts. You see, last year Jenni of The Urban Poser stopped by to share her scrumptious recipe for these vanilla bean coconut macaroons. Simple, elegant, and quick, they’ve become my “go to” for special occasions both big and small.
One day, in an inspired flurry of activity, I replace the vanilla with lemon oil. Oh. my. goodness. It was a pure sunshiney epiphany, delivered bite-by-bite. Thank you again for the recipe, Jenni! (And for allowing me to repost it with this little twist)
Egg Free, Lemon Coconut Macaroons (Raw or Baked)
- 3/4 cup almond flour (where to buy almond flour)
- 1 1/2 cup dried, shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup plus 1-2 tablespoons raw honey (where to buy raw honey)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, gently melted (where to buy coconut oil)
- 30-40 drops organic, food-grade lemon essential oil (where to buy lemon essential oil)
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt (where to buy salt)
- In a bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut, and salt.
- Add the honey, coconut oil and lemon essential oil and mix until well combined.
- Using a rounded “measuring” tablespoon, gently press the macaroon dough into the spoon, then turn the spoon upside down and tap the cookie out into your hand. Gently place on a parchment lined baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Bake in a 195-200F (90-93C) oven for about 45-50 minutes. The outside should be dried out a bit and the inside should be soft and chewy. For raw macaroons, place in your dehydrator until they are slightly dry on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. Times will vary depending on the dehydrator and temp used.
- Allow the macaroons to sit for at least 15 minute before transferring. They delicate while still warm but very sturdy once cooled. We LOVE our macaroons chilled.
Makes about 1 ½ dozenSTANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with Mommypotamus' ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers.
» Recipes » Lemon Coconut Macaroons