Sweet, Fluffy & Just a Little Bit Sticky . . .
These popcorn balls are great for unofficial holidays like Tuesday, run-to-the-bank day, and, um, no pants day. Of course they’re perfect for birthday parties, movie nights and rainy days, too, but I’ll bet you already thought of that.
We love the sweet orange burst of flavor of our homemade gummies, but feel free to add your own twist to the recipe – candied orange peels, chocolate chips, and dried pineapple would all be delicious!
Note: As I mention in the recipe, these popcorn balls are chewy rather than crunchy. However, if you like a little crunch factor just leave them to dry for 24 hours or so.
Marshmallow Popcorn Ball Recipe
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1 batch finely chopped gummy stars.
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds, soaked and dehydrated
- 1/2 teaspoon of butter for your hands
For the marshmallow creme:
- 1/2 cup filtered water (split into 1/4 cup each)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grass fed gelatin
- 1/2 cup organic honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- stand mixer
- wax paper
1. Pop popcorn and put 8 cups into a large baking pan. Set two cups aside in a bowl.
2. Add gummy stars and chopped almonds to the baking pan
3. With the remaining ingredients whip up a batch of marshmallow creme using this recipe. Please note that you will be making a half batch, so use the proportions listed above instead of the ones in the recipe! Also, when they instruction say to pour the marshmallow creme into a pan you’ll want to pour it over the popcorn.
4. Rub your hands with butter and mix marshmallow with other ingredients thoroughly, adding extra popcorn until there is a thin coat of creme all over. What you’ll have at this point is a giant mess that falls apart easily. Don’t worry, just divide your mixture into small globs and place them on sheet of wax paper. After they’ve had about 20-30 minutes to set they’ll easily form into balls.
5. These popcorn balls are a bit chewy if eaten right away, but they become more crunchy if you let them dry out on the counter for about 24 hours.
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with Mommypotamus' ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers.