Of all the real food blogs, Nourished Kitchen is my favorite right now. I love Jenny’s old world recipes with all their bold flavors, like Preserved Lemon & Mint Aioli. And then there are her zesty, I-Can’t-Believe-You-Can-Make-This-At-Home recipes like her Homemade Horseradish.
Thanks to Jenny my cravings are on a bold and zesty kick. With that in mind, I’d like to share with you one of my favorite homemade pastas.
- ½ lb chicken breast, baked and diced into small pieces
- 12 oz brown rice pasta
- ½ cup butter – pastured if available
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp sundried tomatoes (about 7-8), chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp capers
- ¼ to ½ cup parmesan cheese (we’ve also used mozzarella and mild white cheddar)
- Boil water for pasta and cook until tender
- To start the sauce, melt butter in a saucepan on low heat
- When the butter has melted add the olive oil, sundried tomatoes and garlic. Sautee on low for 2-3 minutes
- Next, add fresh tomatoes, basil and capers. Sautee for 5 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Add chicken and mix until it is completely coated in sauce.
- Pour sauce over pasta and sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.
» Recipes » Mediterranean Pasta With Basil, Sundried Tomatoes...