Our family has been using this whole-wheat pizza dough recipe for years. I recently modified it into a soaked grain recipe to make the vitamins and minerals in the flour more accessible. It’s easy and delicious!
PREP: 27 mins
COOK: 60 mins
READY IN: 25 hrs 27 mins
Our family has been using this whole-wheat pizza dough recipe for years. I recently modified it into a soaked grain recipe to make …
- 4 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- extra flour (for kneading)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 tbsp whey, kefir, or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp instant yeast (or yeast that has been activated)
- 4-8 tsp yellow cornmeal
- Combine warm water, raw honey, olive oil, and whey together.
- Mix with 4 1/4 cups of flour (I use whole wheat or spelt).
- Cover and leave on counter for 12-24 hours.
- Next day, Add 1 tsp of salt and 1 tbsp of instant yeast or activated yeast.
- Knead on a well-floured, flat surface for 10 minutes, adding flour as needed to keep it from getting too sticky.
- Lightly cover with oil and place in a warm area for 1 hour to rise (an oven heated to 150/170 and then turned off is perfect).
- When dough has roughly doubled in size, punch it down and divide into two portions.
- Form a ball with half and roll out onto a pastry cloth or well-floured surface.
- Add half of the cornmeal to pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Gently transfer dough to pizza stone or baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Repeat process with second half of dough.
- Now, just add your toppings and bake for about 20 minutes!
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
» Recipes » Soaked Grain Pizza Dough