It’s Day 2! Daniel is really feeling the detox aspect of this cleanse right now so I am providing him with LOTS of lemon water and CoQ10 for his headache. From what I hear he should begin feeling better by day three.
I’ve planned some yummy treats for the hubs today to keep his morale up through what most consider the toughest part (the first 2-3 days). If you’re on the cleanse also I hope these recipes lift your mood and keep you looking at a healthier horizon! Okay, that was corny. But I meant it, so I’m not going to delete it.
Breakfast: Citrus Berry Splash Shake
Original recipe from Standard Process:
- ½ cup blackberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ½ cup strawberries
- ½ banana (optional)
- The juice from 2 freshly squeezed oranges
- 2 rounded Tbs. of SP Complete
- Ice cubes or cold water
- 2 Tbs Whey Pro Complete
- 1 Tbs flaxseed oil
- Scrambled eggs on side for Mommypotamus and Katie
Lunch: Tex-Mex Twist
Who doesn’t love Mexican food? This is my cleanse-friendly take on a family fave. Guacamole on a bed of lettuce, homemade salsa and sweet potato chips for dipping. If Daniel didn’t work almost an hour away from our house I would drop in at lunch just to watch him relish this meal.
Best salsa ever! Recipe here.
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 scallions (we use chives instead)
- 2 cloves garlic (we use half this amount or none at all)
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Jalapeño to taste.
- Place the lime juice, jalapeno, cilantro, parsley, garlic, cider vinegar, olive oil, cumin and sea salt in a food processor and blend until well ground.
- Add in the scallion and tomatoes. Pulse chop until everything is diced and blended.
- Taste and add add more jalapeno or sea salt as needed.
For quick guacamole, I pulse chop some red onions, tomatoes, lemon or lime juice and a dash of cumin in a food processor. Then I add sliced avocado and some homemade salsa for some extra punch. Add salt and blend!
Sweet Potato Chips
This is my first time to use this recipe (minus the agave nectar) from Inspired by Everything. They turned out great! If you like spicy chips make them exactly according to recipe. If not, cut back on the cayenne. A little goes a LONG way.
Dinner:Lentils with Citrus Salad
Dr. Cindy’s Red Curried Lentils and Brown Rice*
Beet and Orange Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette – Standard Process Recipe
* We are soaking the rice Nourishing Traditions style
** I’ll post pics after I make dinner ; – )
Note: Many of the cleanse recipes I blogged about were experiments. I went back and tested new recipes, and I created an eBook showcasing the BEST TASTING cleanse recipes I came up with. You won’t find them in my blog. Order today and get my Smoothie Recipe Guide free!!!
» Recipes » Standard Process Cleanse: Day 2 Recipes