As I mentioned yesterday, we shanked our first shot into the sand trap with the carrot burgers (thanks for the metaphor, hubby). However, dinner last night was amazing so I redeemed myself. Daniel loved the bachelor portabello mushrooms and pesto pasta. So go me!
Today’s recipes are all tried and true, so don’t be afraid to give them a shot.
Breakfast: Dr. Cindy’s Smoothie
- 2 tbs SP Complete
- 2 tbs Whey Pro
- 1/4 c banana
- 1/4 c mango
- 1/4 c cherries
- 1 c coconut milk
- fresh spinach
- dash cinammon
- dash nutritional yeast
For Katie and Me:
- add egg yolks
- add Katie’s supplements
Lunch: Avocado Cups and Green Salad
Alissa Cohen’s Avocado Cups (from “Living on Live Food”)
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1 bunch chives, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Bragg Liquid Aminos (I use fermented tamari or soy sauce)
- Dash of cayenne
- Halve the avocados and pit. Remove the avocados from their shell leaving the shell intact
- Combine the diced avocados, tomatoes, cucumber and chives in a bowl.
- Place mixture into avocado shells.
- Combine the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, garlic, tamari sauce, and cayenne and pour over the avocado halves
Dinner: Primavera Vegetables Over Brown Rice Pasta
Suburban Euphoria’s sweet potato fries
Leftover chicken and rice soup for Gigi, Katie and me.