Ruby Red Strawberries Folded In to Cakey Batter
. . . and topped with a crunchy, crumbly streusel? Why yes, it is a lovely way to celebrate the start of a new day, moving laundry from the washer to the dryer, or nothing in particular. They’re surprisingly easy to whip up, too!
Strawberry Streusel Muffins (Grain-Free)
For the muffins
- 2 cups almond flour (where to buy almond flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (where to buy coconut flour)
- 6 eggs (preferably pasture-raised)
- 1/2 cup honey (where to buy honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (where to buy vanilla)
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- coconut oil or butter – to grease muffin pan (where to buy coconut oil)
For the streusel:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter, softened (where to buy coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup almond flour (where to buy almond flour)
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (where to buy honey, where to buy maple syrup)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (where to buy cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease large 6-8 muffin cups with coconut oil or butter.
- In a mixing bowl or food processor combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix streusel ingredient and set aside.
- In yet another bowl whisk together eggs, honey, butter and vanilla, then add to dry ingredients and blend thoroughly. Gently fold in strawberries, then pour batter into 6-8 large cups. Pat tops down into rounded heaps and sprinkle with streusel topping. Bake for 30-40 minutes. The top should be springy yet firm when they’re ready. Enjoy!
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with Mommypotamus' ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. Heather Dessinger is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
» Recipes » Strawberry Streusel Muffins (Grain-Free)