This recipe was adapted from Sugar and Spice, which was adapted from Cooking Light December 2007. The only change I made was to incorporate Nourishing Traditions-style soaked grains. Thank you Stephanie for passing this along. It’s our favorite crust ever!
YIELD: 3-4 Servings
PREP: 15 mins
COOK: 20 mins
READY IN: 24 hrs 35 mins
This recipe was adapted from Sugar and Spice, which was adapted from Cooking Light December 2007. The only change I made was to …
- On the night before you want to serve pizza, combine the warm water, lemon juice/whey, and whole wheat flour. Cover and leave on counter for 12-24 hours.
- Next day, add raw honey, instant yeast, and sea salt.
- Knead on a well-floured surface for 10 min, adding flour as needed to keep dough from sticking to hands. Lightly cover with oil and place in a warm area for 1 hr to rise (an oven heated to 150-170 and then turned off is perfect).
- Once the dough has risen, remove from oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- Separate into two balls. Roll first ball of dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface.
- Place dough on a pizza stone or baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Repeat process with second half of dough.
- Drizzle dough with a little olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Place pan on lowest oven rack; bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; top with desired toppings and bake an additional 10 minutes or until crust and cheese is lightly browned.
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
If you like a thicker crust, try my other soaked grain pizza dough.
» Recipes » Thin n’ Crispy Pizza Crust –...