YIELD: 3-4 Servings
PREP: 15 mins
COOK: 20 mins
READY IN: 45 mins
- 3 ¼ cups sprouted einkorn flour, plus more for kneading
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 4 1/2 tsp instant yeast (or activated yeast)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 tsp yellow cornmeal
- In a medium bowl, stir yeast into warm water until dissolved. Let sit for 3-5 minutes while you measure out your other ingredients.
- Add the flour, honey, and salt to the bowl and stir until combined.
- Knead on a well-floured surface for 10 min, adding flour as needed to keep dough from sticking to hands. Lightly cover with oil and place in a warm area for 1 hr to rise (an oven heated to 150-170 and then turned off is perfect).
- Once the dough has risen, remove from oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- Separate into two balls. Roll first ball of dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface.
- Place dough on a pizza stone or baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Repeat process with second half of dough.
- Drizzle dough with a little olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Place pan on lowest oven rack; bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; top with desired toppings and bake an additional 10 minutes or until crust and cheese is lightly browned.
If you like a thicker crust, try my other soaked grain pizza dough.