The Way You Made Me Laugh . . .
Cry, sigh and - ahem – very possibly ovulate was one of the highlights of this month. Maybe you should post adorable squishy baby photos on my Facebook wall to dial up the baby fever a bit more, eh?
Seriously, though, thank you for sharing your stories of beauty and strength. I am in awe of you! Now, if you don’t mind, I’d like to share the little things that made my month sparkle just a bit more.
Things That Made Me Smile In July
- Transforming a premature fruit harvest known as “Mommy, I shook the tree!” into peaches and cream, peach freezer jam, 6 quarts of pear butter and counting
- Waiting for the figs to ripen, and trying not to shake the tree myself!
- Discovering the “Stuff You Missed In History Class” podcast. Because yes, I really **do** need to try to solve the mystery of what happened to Amelia Earhart while stargazing myself to sleep at night
- Impromptu conversations with total strangers about Sandor Katz, Katie’s love of exact change, and what I’m going to do with 10 pounds of cabbage (here’s a hint)
- These dessert bars, because I love anything with lemon filling
- Rediscovering an old time-saving trick – easy meatballs in my freezer for a rainy day (or better yet, a sunny day when I’d rather be out playing than cooking!)
- Losing my Southern Taco Queen crown to my friend, because I got her seasoning recipe instead
- Finding a pearl in my oyster
- Real, honest-to-goodness homemade French’s-style mustard for the perfect July cookout (with soaked white bean flour instead of arrowroot)
- And of course, these moments ♥
What made you smile in July?STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with Mommypotamus' ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers.
» Things That Make Me Smile » Things I Love (July)