Have you ever had a “Back To The Future-esque” personal crisis?
It usually goes something like this: You’re snuggled up in your favorite chair with a freshly brewed cup of tea, watching the squirrels muck it up over a pecan in the front yard, and sorting through old family photos. You’re thinking some leftover pumpkin spice custard might be in order, then GASP! You glance back down at the pile of photos and realize that you have been erased from every. single. one.
Oh, oops! It’s not the time-space continuum after all, you realize. It’s just that since becoming a mother you’ve been TAKING all the photos. And while you’re sure your kids will someday appreciate snapshots of their chubby baby bottoms from every possible angle, they may just want to see a bit of you too.
So, with an extra nudge from this article, you decide to photo bomb your own life. You start handing your camera to strangers and jumping in front of the lens, fiddle with the timer thingy until you figure it out, and even recruit the hubs.
If your expression looks like pained constipation in the first few shot, don’t panic! Life in the foreground takes some getting used to, but the memories you capture just may make month. That’s what happened to me, at least. Today I’m sharing a few favorites with you along with a few other things that made me smile.
Here Are The Things That Made My October . . .
- Gazing out the car window at jewel-toned leaves swirling down a lonely country road. Reaching out for my husband’s hand, only to find his fingertips meet me mid-air. We’d reached out in the exact same moment.
- Conversations with you: The blush-worthy things our kids say, making our moms cringe, and the unconventional things we do
- Finding a local morell expert after being inspired by this post on mushroom hunting. We’re going this spring!
- Getting to keep my finger
- Working on my new DIY Beauty Book, which will be released this November
Recipes I Can’t Wait To Try
- This homemade mascara (Not to eat, of course!)
- Savory sweet potato casserole with bacon and swiss
- This spicy kimchi, because I’m feeling a bit ho-hum about sauerkraut these days
- Creamy raw milk egg nog
- Easy pumpkin fudge
- And of course these healthy fruit snacks, because it’s a great way to use the crabapples in my front yard!
Articles That Made Me Go “YES!”
- This explanation of how eating GMO’s is literally changing human DNA: What Is A GMO?
- Discovering a natural source for Vitamin C (Because if you didn’t know vitamin manufacturers have a dirty little secret)
- These common cold remedies that really work
And A Few Other Things . . .
- Like your advice to your pre-parent selves
- Meeting Mama Natural in real life
- Getting to say goodbye to Olivia Judy, who started to creep me out after a few days
- And of course, these moments ♥
Wondering why this made me smile? Here’s the explanation!
What made you smile in October?
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with Mommypotamus' ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. Heather Dessinger is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.