Peanut Butter Money, Homemade Mound Bars . . .
And an unfortunate contraction from Mr. I-Turned-Two this month! Welcome to this edition of “Things I Love” – a post in which I shamelessly foist photos of my adorable kids on you and share links to posts I wish I’d written. Let’s jump right in, shall we?
Here Are The Things That Made My September . . .
- Honey-coated earbuds – because sometimes “the sweet life” means hiding things from your technology obsessed toddler in the honey cabinet!
- Harvesting buckets of mint to make this homemade peppermint extract and dried tea to give away as Christmas gifts. Hobby Lobby just so happens to have these adorable mini-swingtop bottles for sale right now, yay! And just in case you’re wondering, only a half cup or so is needed to make the extract. We just really like tea 🙂
- High five for kindergarten day 1 – My little girl stood in front of her Classical Conversations group and announced she wants to grow up to be a . . . MOMMY!
- Being schooled about the existence of a persimmon tree by said kindergartener in our backyard, and this persimmon ice cream
- Date night ideas that don’t require huge blocks of time or even getting a babysitter. Big thumbs up to #8, #10, #14, #15 and #17!
- A little visitor in my lap that said “Watch Micah?” over and over, making sure to laugh at all the funny parts!
Recipes I Can’t Wait To Try
- These healthy homemade mounds bars + a fabulous chocolate buying guide to make them the very best!
- This pumpkin pie smoothie with full-fat coconut milk and a few extra yolks (Katie narrowly escaped having her decorative pumpkin pureed into breakfast this week, but I WILL have this soon!)
- Whole grain crepes rolled up with chevre and bananas, then drizzled with honey and cinnamon. (For you grain-free folks try these!)
- Hash browns (who would have thought there’s a secret to making them perfectly browned and crispy!?!?!)
- And of course, this butternut squash soup because sometimes eating seasonally means finding 25 ways to eat the exact same thing 🙂
Articles That Made Me Go “YES!”
- This NY Times submission on why it’s ethical to eat meat
- And this open letter to the woman in the Safeway parking lot, because love like this is the antidote to the so-called “mommy wars.”
And A Few Other Things . . .
- Like one daughters thoughts on growing up with an unconventional mother
- Hearing my son blend the words “frog” and “yuck” into a four letter contraction (okay, I didn’t laugh right away!)
- This article on beeswax candles for allergies and asthma
- Finding my credit card in a jar of gooey nut butter
- And of course, these moments ♥
What made you smile in September?