About 150 Days Ago . . .
Georgia over at Gregarious Peach inspired me to grab my camera and document the joys and hilarity of the Potamus kids lives. I don’t know about you, but our daily routing is NOT a series of Mothering Magazine cover shots, so I had my work cut out for me!
Somehow, though, between the crayon-stained skin and bathtime splashapaloozas, I’ve manage to pull out some moments worth savoring. And oh, how I do savor them!
Doing the 366 project has given me the opportunity to step back from the busyness for a moment and really SEE my life . . . and it has been so good for me! So in an effort to be more mindful about the days that flit by, I’m going to start documenting some of my favorite things each month. Are you ready?
Here Are The Things That Made My May . . .
- A visit from my sis (and getting to feed her pregnant belly roe, marrow and a smidge of liver!)
- Making my husband fall in love with me all over again with these apple, ginger and spice scones
- This post on why if it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing poorly first
- Finally winning my nephew Conner over with this ultimate beef and liver chili (I’d been striking out for days!)
- Learning a neat trick for culturing without whey from this cultured apple sauce recipe
- Honey-sweetened lemonade with my girl after a long morning of chicken herding
- Crying over a failure on Mother’s Day, and finding out that a big squeeze from my mom still makes it all better
- Beets fresh from the farmers market for this cleansing beet kvass tonic
- Celebrating the arrival of our stainless steel popsicle molds with fruit juice popsicles
- Peace of mind about my morning scrambled eggs
- Tomato paste in glass jars from Bionaturae so I don’t have to worry about BPA in my zucchini lasagna
- Reliving my Kool-Aid days real food style with this hibiscus tea
- Homemade bouillon, because I need my refrigerator space back!
- This conversation
- And of course, these moments ♥
What made you smile in May?STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with Mommypotamus' ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers.
» Things That Make Me Smile » Things That Made Me Smile (May...