I love your “Campaign for Real Food.” Even though I told Daddypotamus it was the onions, we both know the reason my eyes misted over the other day is because your commercial came on. So, uh, when are you going to jump on board? Because when the first ingredient in your product is GMO-laden soybean oil, that is not real food. Oh, and what are those “natural flavors” you keep mentioning? Come have a seat over here and I will make you REAL MAYO. Farm fresh eggs rich in essential fatty acids, Vitamins A&D, and tons of minerals. Antioxidant rich olive oil blended with metabolism-boosting coconut oil . . . with a touch of honey, salt and cider vinegar for added yum-factor. Come a little closer, I promise I won’t bite. Real food changed my life, so let’s keep your campaign and throw out your product. Love, Heather
How to Make Homemade Mayo
It can be kind of difficult to clean, but it makes the emulsification process really easy! Another way to make mayo is with an immersion blender (this is the one I have). Simply whip the yolks in a jar for 60 seconds, then add the vinegar, salt, honey and mustard and blend again.
From there, slowly add the oil directly to the jars while running the immersion blender continuously. Easy peasy!
Ready to learn how to make homemade mayo? Let’s get started!
Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe
- Three egg yolks from pastured hens
- 1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. unrefined sea salt
- 1 tsp. raw honey or maple syrup (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp. mustard (or more to taste)
- 1 cup oil (I use avocado oil or ½ cup extra virgin olive oil and ½ cup expeller-pressed coconut oil*)
* Though I typically use virgin coconut oil, it’s flavor is too overpowering for this recipe.
- Place egg yolks in food processor and blend for 1 minute
- Add apple cider vinegar and blend for 30 more seconds
- Add salt and honey. Blend just enough to mix
- Turn the food processor on and pour the oil in as S-L-O-W-L-Y as possible (this is the secret to creamy mayo!)