I love your “Campaign for Real Food.” Even though I told Daddypotamus it was the onions, we both know the reason my eyes misted over the other day is because your commercial came on.
So, uh, when are you going to jump on board? Because when the first ingredient in your product is GMO-laden soybean oil, that is not real food. Oh, and what are those “natural flavors” you keep mentioning?
Come have a seat over here and I will make you REAL MAYO. Farm fresh eggs rich in essential fatty acids, Vitamins A&D, and tons of minerals. Antioxidant rich olive oil blended with metabolism-boosting coconut oil . . . with a touch of honey, salt and cider vinegar for added yum-factor. Come a little closer, I promise I won’t bite. Real food changed my life, so let’s keep your campaign and throw out your product.
I’m not sure what happened to the last few seconds of video, but what I was trying to say is that the mayo is so thick it will cling to a spoon upside down!
UPDATE: If you don’t want to stand around and pour the oil in, you can pour it in the “food pusher” and let it drip through the tiny hole at the bottom. It can be kind of difficult to clean, but it makes the emulsification process really easy!
Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe
- Three egg yolks from pastured hens (where to buy eggs)
- 1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. unrefined sea salt (where to buy salt)
- 2 tsp. raw honey (where to buy honey)
- 1 tsp. mustard (or more to taste)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil (where to buy olive oil)
- ½ cup coconut oil (where to buy coconut oil)
- Place egg yolks in food processor and blend for 1 minute
- Add apple cider vinegar and blend for 30 more seconds
- Add salt and honey. Blend just enough to mix
- Turn the food processor on and pour the oil in as S-L-O-W-L-Y as possible (this is the secret to creamy mayo!)