Hi, Mommypotamus here! Today the Potami clan is grilling brats on the beach at one of our favorite getaway spots. While I’m jumping over waves with the potami, Lexi of Lexi’s Clean Kitchen is sharing this fall-inspired recipe for apple fritters. We made them this morning and they were amazing. Thank you for stopping by today, Lexi!
In general is just my favorite. I love not only the food, but the boots, sweaters, tea, scarves and so on! I especially love all things apple, from savory to sweet. So, when Heather invited me to share a recipe with you for late September, I knew it would be apple!
These fritters are loved by adults and kids alike. They are easy to whip up and make for the perfect little treat . . . or can I suggest a little dairy-free ice cream with them for a not-so-little treat? 😉
Think after school snack, after dinner treat, or hot spiced goodness paired with a pair of coffee over breakfast with friends!
Easy Apple Fritters Recipe
For the apples:
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure maple sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
For the dough:
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 teaspoon maple sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch sea salt
- Avocado oil, coconut oil, or ghee for frying
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place sliced apples in a bowl with lemon juice, cinnamon, maple or coconut sugar and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine arrowroot, maple sugar, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Add in egg and maple syrup and mix to combine.
- Heat oil in a skillet so it covers 1 inch, heat until hot enough to fry. Add a few apples at a time to the dough mixture bowl, and then gently place into skillet. Let cook for 2 minutes on each side, then transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Repeat until apples and batter are done. Serve with glaze or alone!
If reheating, place oven on broil and broil for 2-4 minutes to get the dough crispy.
Need help making REAL food work in REAL life?
Then I’d love to give you a free copy of my ebook – The Busy Mama’s Guide To Getting Dinner On The Table – as a gift for signing up for my newsletter. You’ll get my top seven tips for simplifying meal prep, plus updates when I post new healthy recipes, exclusive gifts, coupons (I was able to give away a jar of free coconut oil to anyone who wanted it recently!), and other goodies. Don’t miss out!