A mouth puckering spritz of lime. The warm, earthy flavors of cumin and cilantro. Creamy avocado paired with crisp bell pepper. Need I say more? Yes? Our children devour this avocado chutney like a pack of adorable wolves. Bon appetite!
This delicious GAPS friendly recipe also works wonderfully as-is for those of you choosing to cleanse using Standard Process products. You’ll love adding this explosion of flavor and texture into your recipe repertoire even after your cleanse is finished!
Avocado Salad Recipe
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cilantro diced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Combine avocado, red pepper and onion in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the oils and spices over the veggie mixture and serve.