Know what you call a key lime pie popsicle when kids are feeling impatient? A smoothie.
Specifically, this smoothie. It’s refreshingly cool and creamy, with just the right amount of sweetness and tang. Rich in healthy fats and naturally sweetened, it makes a great afternoon snack on warm days, and it’s super easy to make.
Key Lime Pie Avocado Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, milk, or almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (buy gluten-free vanilla extract here or use homemade vanilla extract)
- juice of 2 limes (about 4 tablespoons)
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - 1 tablespoons gelatin hydrolysate (find it here)
- 2-4 egg yolks (optional) *
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup - optional (find honey here, find maple syrup here)
Add banana, avocado, milk, vanilla extract, lime juice, lime zest, ice and gelatin to blender. If desired, add optional egg yolks and additional supplements/add-ins. Turn blender on, remove cap from the blender lid, and pour in additional liquid/ice as needed. Taste and add honey/maple syrup if desired, then serve.
* If you're not comfortable consuming raw egg yolks it's totally fine to leave them out. Here's an article which discusses the subject in more detail.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- Gut Nourishing Strawberry Smoothie
- Copycat Orange Julius Recipe
- Very Berry Gut Nourishing Smoothie
- Chocolate Peppermint Superfood Smoothie