You’re quite a prankster, eh? First you send me three years of dreams in which I have to go back to high school EVEN THOUGH I have graduated college. Yes, it was quite a clever way to point out I’d missed an important lesson somewhere along life’s way. And following up with a graduation dream finale? Brilliant.
But this? Now I’m a waitress at the Pappadeaux I worked at in college?!?!? Not exactly the career path I had envisioned for my nighttime alter ego. I mean, can’t I fly or breathe underwater or something???
How is the ability to make succulent, flakey fillets of blackened salmon topped with pineapple salsa a superpower? Seriously, if I spend the next three years craving spicy cilantro-lime shrimp, creamy seafood bisque and copycat Whole Foods salmon dip I hold you responsible. Consider yourself warned.
Blackened Salmon Recipe
- 3-4 wild salmon fillets, 1/2 pound each
- 2 ¼ teaspoons paprika (where to buy)
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder (find it here)
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder (like this one)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground dried thyme (where to buy)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper (where to buy)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper - optional (where to buy)
- ½ teaspoon dried basil (where to buy)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano (where to buy)
- sea salt to taste - add after baking (this is what I use)
- pineapple salsa for topping (optional - see recipe below)
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease a baking pan with coconut oil or ghee
- Rub seasoning on salmon and place seasoned side down
- Bake for 20 minutes
- 1 ½ cups small fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 cup ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- ½ -1 jalapeño, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Mix ingredients in a bowl and serve. This seasoning and salsa also goes great with chicken!
Could you use $60 in FREE organic groceries?
I love sharing new recipes and exclusive deals with you, so let’s stay in touch! To thank you for signing up for my newsletter, I’ve partnered with Thrive Market to give you a total of $60 off your first three purchases – i.e. $20 off each order.
If you’re not familiar with them, Thrive Market is basically Whole Foods meets Costco, delivered directly to your door. They’re on a mission to make healthy living affordable by offering wholesome food and non-toxic products for less than you’d pay in traditional retail stores. Fill out the form below to claim your free groceries!