Have you ever strolled through your local grocery store, picked up a blob of Blue #2, corn syrup and sugar and thought “Hey, I should use these to make blueberry muffins!” Of course not, because unlike some manufacturers, you know that blueberry muffins should contain actual blueberries.
Fortunately, making up a batch with wholesome ingredients is super easy, and the final result is even better than the boxed stuff. We love these muffins served warm and slathered in butter – I hope your family does, too!
Blueberry Muffins (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
- 2 cups almond flour (where to find it)
- 1/3 cup arrowroot flour (this is what I use)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (where to buy)
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar (where to buy)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda (where to buy)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt (this is what I use)
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (you can use homemade vanilla extract or buy it here)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, arrowroot flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and sea salt.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and stir until well-combined. Fold in blueberries and pour batter into 10 parchment paper lined or well-oiled baking cups and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
Want more gluten-free muffin recipes?
Here are a few of my favorites:
Strawberry Streusel Muffins – Ruby red strawberries folded into a cakey batter and topped with a crunchy, crumbly streusel.
Lemon Poppyseed Muffins – My daughter and I worked on this recipe for over a month, and she’s super proud that her input created the winning batch. The flavor is bright and lemony, and the texture is moist and cakey. So good.
Spiced Banana Walnut Muffins – You can prep these muffins in 5 minutes flat. Makes a great breakfast or back-to-school snack.
Need help making REAL food work in REAL life?
Then I’d love to give you a free copy of my ebook – The Busy Mama’s Guide To Getting Dinner On The Table – as a gift for signing up for my newsletter. You’ll get my top seven tips for simplifying meal prep, plus updates when I post new healthy recipes, exclusive gifts, coupons (I was able to give away a jar of free coconut oil to anyone who wanted it recently!), and other goodies. Don’t miss out!