Have you ever strolled through your local grocery store, picked up a blob of Blue #2, corn syrup and sugar and thought “Hey, I should use these to make blueberry muffins!” Of course not, because unlike some manufacturers, you know that blueberry muffins should contain actual blueberries.
Fortunately, making up a batch with wholesome ingredients is super easy, and the final result is even better than the boxed stuff. We love these muffins served warm and slathered in butter – I hope your family does, too!
Blueberry Muffins (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
- 2 cups almond flour (where to find it)
- 1/3 cup arrowroot flour (this is what I use)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (where to buy)
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar (where to buy)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda (where to buy)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt (this is what I use)
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (you can use homemade vanilla extract or buy it here)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, arrowroot flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and sea salt.
- Add in eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract and stir until well-combined. Fold in blueberries and pour batter into 10 parchment paper lined or well-oiled baking cups and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
Want more gluten-free muffin recipes?
Here are a few of my favorites:
Strawberry Streusel Muffins – Ruby red strawberries folded into a cakey batter and topped with a crunchy, crumbly streusel.
Lemon Poppyseed Muffins – My daughter and I worked on this recipe for over a month, and she’s super proud that her input created the winning batch. The flavor is bright and lemony, and the texture is moist and cakey. So good.
Spiced Banana Walnut Muffins – You can prep these muffins in 5 minutes flat. Makes a great breakfast or back-to-school snack.
Could you use $60 in FREE organic groceries?
I love sharing new recipes and exclusive deals with you, so let’s stay in touch! To thank you for signing up for my newsletter, I’ve partnered with Thrive Market to give you a total of $60 off your first three purchases – i.e. $20 off each order.
If you’re not familiar with them, Thrive Market is basically Whole Foods meets Costco, delivered directly to your door. They’re on a mission to make healthy living affordable by offering wholesome food and non-toxic products for less than you’d pay in traditional retail stores. Fill out the form below to claim your free groceries!