Touted in the comments as “Holy, delicious Batman!” and “Worth making again and again and again,” my friend Loriel’s recipes have been a staple around here for awhile. You may know her from this simple coconut custard, frozen mocha cappuccino, or smoked salmon dip – all delicious!
But in her hometown, Loriel is most famous for one thing: her spice blends. From her French Onion Dip to her Taco Seasoning, Loriel’s blends put just the right zip into many scrumptious dishes. After many requests from friends to offer her spices for sale, Loriel finally opened up shop this week.
Today I’m thrilled to share her sweet and savory maple breakfast sausage recipe with you. It’s made with her Italian seasoning blend, which you can make yourself with this recipe or pick up from her shop here. As you can see, it was a hit with the littlest potami, and the rest of the family loved it too!
Want To Try Loriel’s Blends?
Her new line – Naturally Free – is made with certified organic, fair trade, ethically wild harvested, & Kosher certified spices. In other words, all the stuff you want and none of the junk. (Maltodextrin and other fillers I’m looking at you – even in organic brands!)
You can get your hands on them by clicking here and entering coupon code MOMMYPOTAMUS10 to save 10%.
And now, how about that easy breakfast sausage recipe?
Maple Breakfast Sausage Recipe
Yield 4 -6 patties
- 1 pound lean pork, halfway frozen cut into chunks* or 1lb ground pork if you don’t have a high powered blender
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
Using A High-Powered Blender
- In a high-powered blender, put half the meat followed by all the spices/ingredients and top with the other half of the meat. Pulse about 6-8 times (you want it lightly mixed but not pulverized. Form into patties and fry in a lightly oiled skillet until golden brown on each side.
Using Ground Pork
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix thoroughly. Form into patties and fry in a lightly oiled skillet until golden brown on each side.