Daddypotamus: “This cannot be healthy.”
Katiepotamus: “It is helfee, Daddy!”
Daddypotamus: “It tastes too good.”
Munch, munch, munch.
Now, I take exception to the idea that junk food tastes better than real, nutrient dense food. But the fact of the matter is that my husband’s palate was trained on McDonald’s and he may never fully recover from that. That’s why I considered it a near-miracle when both he and Katie devoured a raw broccoli slaw delivered by my friend Whittney after Micah was born. It’s too good to keep a secret, so whip up a batch and enjoy!
Whittney's Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 3 stalks of broccoli, broken into small florets (about six cups)
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup crisp bacon, crumbled into pieced -- pastured if possible
- 1 cup mayonnaise - We love our homemade recipe. The trick to getting it thick is to pour the oil in super slow.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, raw if possible
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (where to buy raw honey)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix mayonnaise, cheddar, honey and lemon juice in a medium bowl
- Place broccoli, grapes and onion in a large bowl.
- Pour in dressing and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle bacon and sunflower seeds over the top and serve.
Could you use $60 in FREE organic groceries?
I love sharing new recipes and exclusive deals with you, so let’s stay in touch! To thank you for signing up for my newsletter, I’ve partnered with Thrive Market to give you a total of $60 off your first three purchases – i.e. $20 off each order.
If you’re not familiar with them, Thrive Market is basically Whole Foods meets Costco, delivered directly to your door. They’re on a mission to make healthy living affordable by offering wholesome food and non-toxic products for less than you’d pay in traditional retail stores. Fill out the form below to claim your free groceries!