Light and delicious, this easy chicken salad recipe is my favorite ways to keep lunch simple. One of my “tricks” for avoiding burnout in the kitchen is to double batches when it makes sense. That usually means that I bake a couple chickens together in the oven sometime early in the week – one for dinner, and one to use later for tortilla soup, homemade chicken soup, lettuce wraps or this chicken salad.
This recipe is sweet with a bit of tang, and the apples and nuts give it just the right amount of crunch. My kids gobble it up when served over a salad or with crackers, or as a sandwich. I hope your family loves it as much as we do!
(Psst! In case you need it, here’s a tutorial on how to bake a whole chicken, and here’s how to use the bones to make rich, nutritious bone broth.)
Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use my homemade mayo recipe)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 cups diced apples
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (buy it here or use homemade apple cider vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and honey.
- In a large bowl, add the shredded chicken, nuts, apples, onion and celery
- Add the liquid mixture to the large bowl and combine thoroughly, then add salt and pepper to taste.
Want more easy meal ideas?
I’ve put together a list of 25+ quick, healthy meals that help me get dinner on the table no matter what the day brings. I hope you find it as helpful as I have.
Could you use $60 in FREE organic groceries?
I love sharing new recipes and exclusive deals with you, so let’s stay in touch! To thank you for signing up for my newsletter, I’ve partnered with Thrive Market to give you a total of $60 off your first three purchases – i.e. $20 off each order.
If you’re not familiar with them, Thrive Market is basically Whole Foods meets Costco, delivered directly to your door. They’re on a mission to make healthy living affordable by offering wholesome food and non-toxic products for less than you’d pay in traditional retail stores. Fill out the form below to claim your free groceries!