“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”
– St. Augustine
I’d love to be a bohemian world-traveler, but realistically my adventures are limited by my budget, the availability of goat babysitters, and the number of hours I am willing to try to entertain the potami in an enclosed space, whether it be a car or plane.
And that’s okay. Someday I hope to check a few more exotic places off my bucket list, but for now raising my little family is it’s own adventure. For now, I’m content to let my tastebuds to the traveling for me with mediterranean falafel, cajun creole, risotto, Spanish rice, and other dishes from around the world.
This simple Thai-inspired soup melds tangy lime and sweet coconut with warming ginger and fresh cilantro. It’s one of my favorite ways to use leftover roasted chicken and homemade bone broth, and it’s easy enough to make on a busy weeknight.
Coconut Lime Chicken Curry Soup
- 3 cups homemade chicken stock (how to make it)
- 3 cups coconut milk (how to make coconut milk from coconut cream concentrate)
- ¼ cup coconut butter (where to buy coconut butter)
- 3 teaspoons curry powder (where to buy organic curry powder)
- 4-6 teaspoons seeded and minced jalapeno, depending on how spicy you prefer your soup to be
- 1 – 1½ pounds cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger or ¼ teaspoon dried ginger (where to buy dried ginger)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups peas (can be frozen)
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons unrefined sea salt (where to buy salt)
- Add chicken broth, coconut milk, coconut butter, salt, curry powder, ginger, minced jalapeno and peas to a medium pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add in chicken, lime juice and lime zest, then ladle into bowls. Top with cilantro and onion, then serve.
Courses Soups & Stews
Want tips for making REAL food work in REAL life?
Then I’d love to give you a free copy of The Busy Mama’s Guide To Getting Dinner On The Table as a gift for signing up for my newsletter. You’ll get my top seven tips for simplifying meal prep, plus updates when I post new healthy recipes, exclusive gifts, coupons (I was able to give away a jar of free coconut oil to anyone who wanted it recently!), and other goodies. Don’t miss out!