Crockpot Roast With Ancho Chilis
- Beef roast, grass-fed if possible (about 4-4.5 lbs)
- 1 1/2 tbs unrefined sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
- 3-5 dried ancho chilies, seeded and torn into little pieces (I find that using three produces a roast with a heat range that is usually comfortable for small children.)
- 4 large onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs thyme
- 1 tbs parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- Rub salt on the roast and place it in the crockpot to rest for 1/2 to 1 hour (this improves the tenderness of the meat).
- In the meantime, chop onions, dice chili's, peel and crush garlic, get your stock ready and pull the spices off the rack.
- When the roast has rested, place remaining ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or until tender.
- Remove roast from crock pot and, if desired, make gravy with the ancho chili liquid. Here's how. (Note: I prefer to use arrowroot powder instead of cornstarch)
Recipe by Mommypotamus at https://www.mommypotamus.com/crockpot-roast-in-ancho-chili-sauce/