This gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe comes from Caroline at Gutsy. Thanks, Caroline!
Who stole the cookie . . .
From the cookie jar? Who me? Yes you! Couldn’t be. Then who?
Okay, I have a confession; I did! I stole the cookies. Seriously though, why wouldn’t you steel these beauties? You can’t get much better then a warm, ooey-gooey, chocolate chip cookie! Did I mention that these are grain free and GAPS friendly?
There is no excuse not to make these easy “whole food” cookies. Lets take a look at the ingredients: almonds (protein: check!), butter (fat: check!), honey (healthy sweetener: check!), chocolate chips (simply good – check!). Looks like these pass the test!
The smell of chocolate chip cookies after a hard day at school or work is sure to warm any weary soul. You’re guaranteed to break out an eye-to-eye grin just by looking at these. Mmm, I can smell them right now.
If the actual cookie doesn’t tickle your tummy, I bet I know what will. Raw cookie dough! I’m not sure what is better: cookies or cookie dough. I’ll let you be the judge of that. This cookie dough is egg free, so lick that bowl clean. 🙂
Lets get baking already!
Chocolate Chip Cookies (GAPS Approved, Gluten-Free, Paleo)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in one bowl (except chocolate chips).
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon cookie dough with a spoon (I use a measuring spoon) and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Keep 3 inches of space between each cookie. Press down slightly to flatten the cookie.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes. The cookie should just be a little golden brown on the bottom. Do not over cook!
- Cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheet (or else they will be too soft to pick up). These cookies should stay soft when cool.
- Eat with a smile! Yum 🙂
*Store leftovers in a container for 1 week or the fridge for a few weeks.*Store left over cookie dough in the fridge for 2 weeks or the freezer for a few months!
Looking for more chocolate-infused recipes?
Here are a few of Mommypotamus’ favorites:
- Homemade Magic Shell Recipe
- Ganache Filled Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites (Grain-Free, Dairy Free)
- Salty And Sweet Almond Butter Cups
- Cheesecake Swirl Brownies (Grain-Free)
- Homemade Paleo Chocolate
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Mousse
- Chocolate Coconut Donuts (Grain-Free)
- Hot Chocolate Mix With Homemade Marshmallows
- Banana & Chocolate Chip Pancakes (Grain-Free) from Against All Grain
And though it could technically be considered edible, this mint chocolate whipped body butter works better as a light bronzer.
Could you use $60 in FREE organic groceries?
I love sharing new recipes and exclusive deals with you, so let’s stay in touch! To thank you for signing up for my newsletter, I’ve partnered with Thrive Market to give you a total of $60 off your first three purchases – i.e. $20 off each order.
If you’re not familiar with them, Thrive Market is basically Whole Foods meets Costco, delivered directly to your door. They’re on a mission to make healthy living affordable by offering wholesome food and non-toxic products for less than you’d pay in traditional retail stores. Fill out the form below to claim your free groceries!
Caroline began blogging as a teenager. Her passion and energy for everything and anything is contagious. She shares her GAPS friendly recipes and healing health journey at her blog Gutsy. Organ meats, researching, and walking barefoot are her simple joys in life.