This gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe comes from Caroline at Gutsy. Thanks, Caroline!
Who stole the cookie . . .
From the cookie jar? Who me? Yes you! Couldn’t be. Then who?
Okay, I have a confession; I did! I stole the cookies. Seriously though, why wouldn’t you steel these beauties? You can’t get much better then a warm, ooey-gooey, chocolate chip cookie! Did I mention that these are grain free and GAPS friendly?
There is no excuse not to make these easy “whole food” cookies. Lets take a look at the ingredients: almonds (protein: check!), butter (fat: check!), honey (healthy sweetener: check!), chocolate chips (simply good – check!). Looks like these pass the test!
The smell of chocolate chip cookies after a hard day at school or work is sure to warm any weary soul. You’re guaranteed to break out an eye-to-eye grin just by looking at these. Mmm, I can smell them right now.
If the actual cookie doesn’t tickle your tummy, I bet I know what will. Raw cookie dough! I’m not sure what is better: cookies or cookie dough. I’ll let you be the judge of that. This cookie dough is egg free, so lick that bowl clean. 🙂
Lets get baking already!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in one bowl (except chocolate chips).
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon cookie dough with a spoon (I use a measuring spoon) and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Keep 3 inches of space between each cookie. Press down slightly to flatten the cookie.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes. The cookie should just be a little golden brown on the bottom. Do not over cook!
- Cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheet (or else they will be too soft to pick up). These cookies should stay soft when cool.
- Eat with a smile! Yum 🙂
*Store left over cookie dough in the fridge for 2 weeks or the freezer for a few months!
Looking for more chocolate-infused recipes?
Here are a few of Mommypotamus’ favorites:
- Homemade Magic Shell Recipe
- Ganache Filled Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites (Grain-Free, Dairy Free)
- Salty And Sweet Almond Butter Cups
- Cheesecake Swirl Brownies (Grain-Free)
- Homemade Paleo Chocolate
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Mousse
- Chocolate Coconut Donuts (Grain-Free)
- Hot Chocolate Mix With Homemade Marshmallows
- Banana & Chocolate Chip Pancakes (Grain-Free) from Against All Grain
And though it could technically be considered edible, this mint chocolate whipped body butter works better as a light bronzer.