Katie keeps calling them cookies. Daniel tasted them last night and practically declared a holiday in honor of Cara at Health Home & Happiness, who shared them in her Grain-Free Meal Plan (which has been a lifesaver since starting GAPS, btw!!!).
Me? Well, I made a second batch of these hearty, peasant-style biscuits and hid it from my family. 🙂
Whether nor not you’re following GAPS these biscuits are a MUST try. Only three steps and they’re ready to bake, too! Pair them with hollandaise sauce for a added yum factor and test them out on your kids. I bet you’ll be surprised!
Thanks Cara for letting me share your recipe!
Grain-Free "Looks Like Whole Wheat Biscuits"
- 3 cups crispy walnuts
- 3 egg whites - reserve the rest for hollandaise sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (where to buy coconut flour)
- ½ teaspoon aluminum-free baking soda (optional)
- 4 tablespoons honey (where to buy honey)
- 4 tablespoons butter, ghee, or coconut oil (where to buy coconut oil)
- ½ teaspoon unrefined sea salt, coarse is fine (where to buy sea salt)
- Preheat oven to 4oo* F.
- In a food processor or high powered blender blend all ingredients until smooth; the walnuts will turn into walnut butter.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil. Use a tablespoon to drop rounded tablespoon-fulls of batter 2 inches apart on the parchment paper, making 12 drop biscuits. Bake for 12-15 minutes.