Katie keeps calling them cookies. Daniel tasted them last night and practically declared a holiday in honor of Cara at Health Home & Happiness, who shared them in her Grain-Free Meal Plan (which has been a lifesaver since starting GAPS, btw!!!).
Me? Well, I made a second batch of these hearty, peasant-style biscuits and hid it from my family. 🙂
Whether nor not you’re following GAPS these biscuits are a MUST try. Only three steps and they’re ready to bake, too! Pair them with hollandaise sauce for a added yum factor and test them out on your kids. I bet you’ll be surprised!
Thanks Cara for letting me share your recipe!
Grain-Free "Looks Like Whole Wheat Biscuits"
- 3 cups crispy walnuts
- 3 egg whites - reserve the rest for hollandaise sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (where to buy coconut flour)
- ½ teaspoon aluminum-free baking soda (optional)
- 4 tablespoons honey (where to buy honey)
- 4 tablespoons butter, ghee, or coconut oil (where to buy coconut oil)
- ½ teaspoon unrefined sea salt, coarse is fine (where to buy sea salt)
- Preheat oven to 4oo* F.
- In a food processor or high powered blender blend all ingredients until smooth; the walnuts will turn into walnut butter.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil. Use a tablespoon to drop rounded tablespoon-fulls of batter 2 inches apart on the parchment paper, making 12 drop biscuits. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Could you use $60 in FREE organic groceries?
I love sharing new recipes and exclusive deals with you, so let’s stay in touch! To thank you for signing up for my newsletter, I’ve partnered with Thrive Market to give you a total of $60 off your first three purchases – i.e. $20 off each order.
If you’re not familiar with them, Thrive Market is basically Whole Foods meets Costco, delivered directly to your door. They’re on a mission to make healthy living affordable by offering wholesome food and non-toxic products for less than you’d pay in traditional retail stores. Fill out the form below to claim your free groceries!