Today is my birthday. Since most of you will feel obligated to be nice to me, I’d like to use this period of amnesty to make some confessions:
Ten Birthday Confessions:
- I recently tried to return $200 to my insurance company. It annoyed them.
- My longest running fear is being forced to lick a public toilet. No one has ever tried, and how I developed the fear is a loooong story.
- My husband set up this blog without telling me. I told him he just wasted $10 registering this domain because I would never use it. Ahem, sorry babe.
- I once did gymnastics in a bar. That is all you need to know.
- I occasionally use words that my English Major husband doesn’t know.
- I live for my daughter’s smile. But when she grins at strangers my heart breaks a little. Although we have made a lot of progress there is still visible damage to her teeth. I feel completely responsible. UPDATE: Her teeth are completely remineralized. Yay!
- In my house towels have to be folded a specific way and then placed in the cabinet with the seams facing the back. All the stripes have to line up exactly. If someone else “helps” me and it’s not “right” I WILL redo it. I have no idea why I am obsessive about this, but I’ve promised myself that I won’t “fix” it if Katie decides to “help.”
- I was once attacked by a rabid duck. He was just about to take me down when my future husband assaulted him with a giant textbook.
- I recently handed a cashier a half-eaten jar of Bubbies pickles at the grocery store. Yes, I was pregnant.
- I fixed some of the towels.
You thought I was weird already? Oh well!