This cocoa-free blonde fudge is rich in wholesome fats, lauric acid (a nutrient found in mother’s milk that is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-fungal), collagen replenishing copper plus manganese, phosphorous, iron, magnesium selenium and more.
Oh, and the “saturated fat in coconut is made up of short-chain and medium-chain fatty acids the body quickly turns into energy instead of storing as fat. Therefore, even though it’s high in saturated fat, coconut can aid in weight loss.“¹ The sucanat probably wont, though. 🙂
If you’re into cooking with kids (which I am) this recipe is perfect. Pour everything into a pot and let them stir while you “supervise” (aka check Facebook).
Just one more thing: Leite de Coco is melt in your mouth fudgy goodness. You gotta try it!
Coconut Fudge Recipe
- 1 cup milk, raw or not ultra-pasteurized
- 3 cups full fat coconut milk (where to buy coconut milk)
- 1 cup sucanat or raw sugar
- 2 cups unsweetened finely grated coconut flakes - use a coffee grinder if necessary (where to buy coconut flakes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons sliced pistachios or almonds
- oil for baking dish
- Heat milk, coconut milk, sugar, coconut and vanilla to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Cook, uncovered, until mixture becomes very thick and starts to leave the side of the pan, about 50 minutes to 1 hour. Stir often.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly oiled 8-inch square baking dish/tray.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Cover and chill for 8 hours.
- Cut into 1 inch diamonds or squares. Keep refrigerated until you're ready to serve.
Could you use $60 in FREE organic groceries?
I love sharing new recipes and exclusive deals with you, so let’s stay in touch! To thank you for signing up for my newsletter, I’ve partnered with Thrive Market to give you a total of $60 off your first three purchases – i.e. $20 off each order.
If you’re not familiar with them, Thrive Market is basically Whole Foods meets Costco, delivered directly to your door. They’re on a mission to make healthy living affordable by offering wholesome food and non-toxic products for less than you’d pay in traditional retail stores. Fill out the form below to claim your free groceries!