This Peruvian chicken recipe is a simple one-pan dish that’s both beautiful and tasty. The savory flavor of cumin and paprika melds beautifully with sweet onions and peppers, and the chicken soaks up all the juicy goodness from the pan as it bakes. My family loves this recipe served over a big green salad or rice, and I love the easy cleanup.
Peruvian Chicken Recipe
- 1 ½ teaspoons ghee or coconut oil, plus more for oiling the pan (where to buy coconut oil, where to buy grass-fed ghee)
- 2 tablespoons paprika (where to buy)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground cumin (where to buy)
- 1 ½ teaspoons unrefined sea salt (this is what I use)
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cut into 10 strips
- 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin circular pieces
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl mix paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar and ghee/oil to form a paste.
- In a large bowl toss onions with 2 tablespoons of the paste and place them in the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Place bell peppers over the onions.
- Rub chicken pieces with the remaining paste and place in the pan, then place the sliced lemons on top.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook, occasionally basting with pan juices, until chicken is fully cooked and vegetables are tender (about 45 minutes).
Could you use $60 in FREE organic groceries?
I love sharing new recipes and exclusive deals with you, so let’s stay in touch! To thank you for signing up for my newsletter, I’ve partnered with Thrive Market to give you a total of $60 off your first three purchases – i.e. $20 off each order.
If you’re not familiar with them, Thrive Market is basically Whole Foods meets Costco, delivered directly to your door. They’re on a mission to make healthy living affordable by offering wholesome food and non-toxic products for less than you’d pay in traditional retail stores. Fill out the form below to claim your free groceries!