This Peruvian roasted chicken recipe is a tasty change of pace for the those on the Standard Process Cleanse. It’s also GAPS Diet friendly.
Peruvian Roasted Chicken
- 1 ½ teaspoons coconut oil (plus more for oiling the pan)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons unrefined sea salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons plus 1½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cut into 10 pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin circular pieces
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl mix paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar and oil to form a paste.
- In a large bowl toss onions with 2 tablespoons of the paste.
- Rub chicken pieces with remaining paste and place in a well-oiled large roasting pan.
- Cover chicken with onions, peppers and lemon.
- Place in the oven and cook, occasionally basting with pan juices, until chicken is fully cooked and vegetables are tender (about 45 minutes) occasionally with pan juices.