Note from Mommypotamus: Today’s post comes from my friend Katie, whom I’ve invited to be a regular contributor this spring. I can’t wait to try it with our favorite paleo tortillas. Thank you, Katie!
That you can make some stellar pulled pork right in your very own kitchen with little to no effort? My recipe for slow cooker pineapple pulled pork has won many taste-buds over. What you get is a juicy sweet-and-savory dish that is the main attraction of any meal!
I made mine carnitas-style, with my favorite avocado-mango chutney and sour cream cabbage but it is just as delicious topped with homemade BBQ sauce. This dish is so versatile, you can make it sandwich style or even place it on top of a salad, baked potato, or pizza. My recipe also has a sweet hint of pineapple, which adds a whole new level of flavor.
There isn’t too much to say about pulled pork, besides that it is good eatin’! Let’s jump right into the recipe…
Pineapple Pulled Pork
For this recipe you will need: Slow cooker (find them here)
- 1 and 1/2 pounds pork shoulder
- 1/2 cup fresh-made organic pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup filter water
- 1 small organic onion, roughly diced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon organic mustard
- 1/2 cup homemade ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (where to buy cumin)
- 2 teaspoons paprika (where to buy paprika)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (where to buy apple cider vinegar)
- 1 cup organic pineapple, diced into bite-sized chunks
- In a slow-cooker, placed diced onions on the bottom and then place the pork shoulder on top. Pour in the pineapple juice and water.
- In a small bowl, mix together the diced garlic, mustard, ketchup, cumin, paprika, and vinegar. Once combined, slather on top of the pork shoulder. Place slow-cooker on high, cook for 5 hours (or on low, 7 hours).
- With one hour remaining on cook time, pull out the pork shoulder and shred with two forks on a cutting board. Add back into the crock-pot with the diced pineapple chunks and mix together in the juices.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
Could you use $60 in FREE organic groceries?
I love sharing new recipes and exclusive deals with you, so let’s stay in touch! To thank you for signing up for my newsletter, I’ve partnered with Thrive Market to give you a total of $60 off your first three purchases – i.e. $20 off each order.
If you’re not familiar with them, Thrive Market is basically Whole Foods meets Costco, delivered directly to your door. They’re on a mission to make healthy living affordable by offering wholesome food and non-toxic products for less than you’d pay in traditional retail stores. Fill out the form below to claim your free groceries!