Technically, This Is a Recipe FAIL
A 4th of July Banana-Coconut Cream Pie was the goal, but after baking and whipping through mound after mound of bananas I found myself out of ingredients! So yeah, I won’t pretend these dainty little morsels are exactly Plan A, but they do seem to be disappearing rather quickly around here.
Oh, And Don’t Let Their Prim Appearance Fool You
They’re best enjoyed a tad melty. In fact, if by the time you polish off the last bite your fingers aren’t covered in tiny pink rivulets . . . well, you ate them wrong. Better go whip up another batch and start again. 🙂
Monday I’ll be sharing one of my fave holiday treats, but for now I want to know:
What’s YOUR favorite summer holiday treat???
Strawberry & Coconut Ice Cream Bars
- Food processor
- 8×12 pan
To Make The Crust:
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup pecans
- date paste (6 large pitted dates blended in a food processor)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp unrefined sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (where to buy coconut oil)
- Blend dates in food processor until they form a thick paste
- Add remaining ingredients (except coconut oil) and blend until they form a ball
- Lightly oil pan and press crust down evenly
To Make The Strawberry Coconut Ice Cream
- 1½ cups full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups coarsely chopped strawberries
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Blend all ingredients except shredded coconut in food processor until smooth
- Pour over crust and place in freezer for 4 hours
- Remove from freezer and allow to thaw for 15-30 minutes.
- Cut into bars and roll in shredded coconut.
- Serve immediately or place back in freezer and allow to thaw 5-10 minutes before serving
- Come back and let me know how you liked them 🙂