Ruby Red Strawberries Folded In to cakey batter and topped with a crunchy, crumbly streusel? These delightful strawberry streusel muffins are a lovely way to celebrate the start of a new day, moving laundry from the washer to the dryer, or nothing in particular. They’re surprisingly easy to whip up, too!
Gluten-Free Strawberry Streusel Muffins
For the muffins:
- 2 cups almond flour (where to buy almond flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (where to buy coconut flour)
- 6 eggs (preferably pasture-raised)
- 1/2 cup honey (where to buy honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (where to buy vanilla, how to make your own vanilla extract)
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt (where to buy sea salt)
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- coconut oil or butter - to grease muffin pan (where to buy coconut oil)
For the streusel:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease large 6-8 muffin cups with coconut oil or butter.
- In a mixing bowl or food processor combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix streusel ingredient and set aside.
- In yet another bowl whisk together eggs, honey, butter and vanilla, then add to dry ingredients and blend thoroughly. Gently fold in strawberries, then pour batter into 6-8 large cups. Pat tops down into rounded heaps and sprinkle with streusel topping. Bake for 30-40 minutes. The top should be springy yet firm when they're ready. Enjoy!
Could you use $60 in FREE organic groceries?
I love sharing new recipes and exclusive deals with you, so let’s stay in touch! To thank you for signing up for my newsletter, I’ve partnered with Thrive Market to give you a total of $60 off your first three purchases – i.e. $20 off each order.
If you’re not familiar with them, Thrive Market is basically Whole Foods meets Costco, delivered directly to your door. They’re on a mission to make healthy living affordable by offering wholesome food and non-toxic products for less than you’d pay in traditional retail stores. Fill out the form below to claim your free groceries!