Yesterday I Peeled Bubble Wrap . . .
Off photos I’ve been waiting three years to hang, then made my way down to the bridge in our backyard to play billy goats gruff. I was the troll, of course. Life is good, and my resolve to relish the days that flit by was far too easy this month.
Here Are The Things That Made My June
- Punctual chickens. We were told they’d start laying in June, and they presented us with their first gift on the morning of June 1
- Moving day. Mini-tour of our new home coming soon!
- Buying “pet milk” at the Farmer’s Market to make these tri-colored popsicles for July 4th
- This gentle nudge to make new friends right where I feel most comfortable (you know where that is!)
- Harvesting wild mint and watercress from our backyard stream, and beating the birds to the blackberries
- This conversation with Katie
- Explaining to farmers market vendors that I do not own a restaurant, but am in fact just very hungry 🙂
- These grain-free apple pancake rings, because they taste just a little like funnel cake!
- Micah plunging his hand down my shirt during our first visit to the church nursery, only to have a 16 year old girl say “Do you want to nurse him? My mom breastfed my brother until he was 4.”
- Finally, spinach Daddypotamus will eat! (Note to self: Add “creamed” to the title of any food and it’s a go)
- Ya’ll making me laugh
- Discovering these blender brownies
- This Italian zucchini lasagna for oh-so-many reasons. My local farmers are practically giving away their bumper crop for free, it stores well in the freezer for a lazy day, and of course it’s delicious!
- And of course, these moments ♥