White chocolate was my dad’s not-so-secret love language. Whether it was Valentine’s Day, my birthday or a dance recital, he almost always had a box of white chocolates stashed somewhere for me. These days I’m more of a cauliflower pizza or steak or jalapeno poppers girl, but lately I’ve been feeling a bit nostalgic for the creamy, vanilla-infused sweetness of white chocolate.
Adapted from this paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe, these white chocolate chip cookies are perfect for dunking in a cold glass of milk. I hope you love them!
White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe (Gluten-Free, Paleo)
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chunks (I chopped up one of these bars
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, plus more for pressing into the top of the cookies if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) salted butter, melted over low heat
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (buy vanilla here or make your own with this recipe)
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, arrowroot powder, white chocolate chunks, macadamia nuts, cream of tartar and baking soda.
- Add egg, maple syrup, vanilla and butter to the bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Place dough in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes. While it's chilling, preheat the oven to 325F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- When the dough is ready, scoop out a heaping tablespoon and roll the dough into a ball. It will be stick but should be firm enough to roll. Press it flat onto a baking sheet and repeat the process until all the dough is used.
- Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes, depending on how chewy/crisp you prefer your cookies. Enjoy!
Need help making REAL food work in REAL life?
Then I’d love to give you a free copy of my ebook – The Busy Mama’s Guide To Getting Dinner On The Table – as a gift for signing up for my newsletter. You’ll get my top seven tips for simplifying meal prep, plus updates when I post new healthy recipes, exclusive gifts, coupons (I was able to give away a jar of free coconut oil to anyone who wanted it recently!), and other goodies. Don’t miss out!